1. Call the office on Day 1 of your period.
2. Day 2 or 3 – Office visit- Blood test and ultrasound.
3. Take the clomiphene Day 5,6,7,8, and 9
4. Day 10 or 11 – Office visit – Blood test and ultrasound. You will receive instructions that afternoon when to return for the next visit.
5. Only when instructed – Take hCG trigger injection in the evening. Have intercourse that evening also.
6. Schedule the insemination for 2 (two) days after the hCG trigger . If you are not doing insemination, have intercourse again on this day
7. 1 week after hCG trigger – Office visit – Blood test only (Progesterone level)
8. 2 weeks after hCG trigger – Office visit – Blood test only (Pregnancy test)
50 mg orally once a day for 5 days. Therapy should be initiated on or near the 5th day of the menstrual cycle, but may be started at any time in patients without recent uterine bleeding.
If ovulation occurs and pregnancy is not achieved, up to 2 additional courses of clomiphene 50 mg orally once a day for 5 days may be administered. Each subsequent course may be started as early as 30 days after the previous course and after pregnancy has been excluded.
Most patients ovulate following the first course of therapy. However, if the patient fails to ovulate, a second course of 100 mg/day for 5 days may be given as early as 30 days following the initial course. A third course of 100 mg/day for 5 days may be given after 30 days, if necessary.
Treatments beyond three cycles of clomiphene, dosages greater than 100 mg once a day, and/or course durations beyond 5 days are not recommended by the manufacturer. However, successful pregnancies and term deliveries have been reported in women receiving up to 200 mg/day for 5 days, or extended 10-day course of therapy, or consecutive cycles of treatment beyond the 3 recommended by the manufacturer.